1. Does Sogen Con have a capacity limit?
2. What is the average amount of voice actor panels that get scheduled each year?
3. What is the average attendance for this convention?
4. What are some of the most unique and popular events that get held here?
5. Are videotaping and photography allowed at the guest panels?
6. When do attendees start looking for hotel roommates?
1. Every convention center has a capacity limit, but Sogen is traditionally a smaller con, so at the moment I do not believe there is any cap.
2. This is nearly impossible to answer, but there are several. The guests and voice actors usually do a fair amount of panels. As a previous regular guest of honor, trust me when I say the guests bust their booties to make sure the attendees get the most bang for their buck.
3. Average attendance rose last year. I do not have the numbers but we broke headcount records last year. Our con chair would have more info on this. But Sogen is not a ginormous con, and this has many benefits,such as ease of attending panels you want, room to walk and take pictures, and more down time with the people you come to see AT the con: the guests.
4. Unique events to Sogen from the past are the super happy funtime yadda yadda (changes every year) panel, the LARP, the belly dance panel, and many others.
5. Videotaping and pictures are only allowed at guest panels if the guests allow it, or do not allow it. For instance, if there is a guest improv or after-hours panel (such as the happy fun time etc) there is no videoing or photography, which is standard rules for every con I've ever guested, staffed, or attended.
6. Attendees start looking up to a year before the con.